irc.perl.org - Channels
This is by no means an exhaustive list. Channels are added here at the request of their founders and maintainers as a courtesy.
The following channels are the "official" channels of their project. They may have presences on other networks as well but this is their home.
- #act - Discussion about Act (A Conference Toolkit), a multilingual, template-driven, multi-conference web site that can manage the users, talks, schedule and payment for your conference.
- #catalyst - Home of Catalyst, the Elegant MVC Web Framework
- #dbix-class - Home of DBIx::Class, an object<->relational mapper library. Also often a good place for general ORM discussion (the authors of a number of other perl ORMs hang out in there as well)
- #distzilla - Dist::Zilla
- #dancer - Dancer, a lightweight yet powerful web application framework
- #devel-repl - Devel::REPL
- #email - Home of the Perl Email Project, a community dedicated to making Perl the best-choice language for email processing. See http://emailproject.perl.org.
- #fnargh - simple, sensible, reasonable and minimal blogging
- #form-sensible - simple, intuitive, and extensible form framework
- #io-async - IO::Async - Asynchronous event-driven programming
- #local-lib - local::lib
- #net-twitter - the Perl interface to Twitter
- #magnet-srb - Standards Of Conduct Review Board
- #metacpan - MetaCPAN, the web site and its API
- #mojo - The Mojolicious web framework
- #moose - Moose, a postmodern object system for Perl 5
- #padre - Padre, the Perl IDE
- #parrot - Home of parrot development. See http://parrotcode.org
- #perl-help - General help with perl programming questions of every sort.
- #perl-qa - #perl-qa exists to discuss quality assurance in Perl, both in the core and elsewhere. The channel is usually quiet, but there are occasional and very useful questions and discussions about testing.
- #perlde - Channel for german speaking developers. See also http://www.perl-community.de/
- #perlfr - Channel for French speaking mongers. See http://www.mongueurs.net
- #plack - PSGI and its implementations (servers, middlewares...): Plack, ...
- #poe - Home of POE, the Perl Object Environment - http://poe.perl.org
- #pound-perl.pm - IRC Perl Mongers administrative channel. See http://pound-perl.pm.org
- #reflex - Reflex is a modern, fast OO library for writing reactive (AKA event-driven) systems.
- #rt - Home of development for Request Tracker. See http://bestpractical.com/rt
- #soc-help - Summer of Code help. See http://groups.google.com/group/tpf-gsoc-students
- #spore - SPORE (specifications to a portable REST environment) and its implementations (Net::HTTP::Spore...)
- #toolchain - the CPAN toolchain: ExtUtils::MakeMaker, Module::Build, CPAN, cpanm, CPANPLUS...
- #win32 - Perl on Microsoft Windows: StrawberryPerl, ActivePerl and issues with CPAN modules
- #xs - Perl XS help and general discussion